Social class is a very important concept in sociology. This discussion aims to generate an understanding of a stratification system in which people are grouped and placed into hierarchical layers based on their achievements.
Read Chapter 9 of the textbook as well as other Lesson 6 course modules. Based on your readings and other sources, discuss the following:
Take a stand and discuss how the Marxian or Weberian (Marx and Weber) version of the social class resembles the American class structure.
Reply to a minimum of 2 classmates with additional information, terms, theoretical perspectives, follow-up questions, and authentic discussion interactions. Also, respond to others who have responded to you. Lackadaisical responses will not be accepted.
You will be assessed on:
- Successfully answering the discussion prompt with originality and accuracy, and while following directions.
- Accurately including and applying important terminology from the textbook and course content.
- Participation, Timeliness, and Quality of posts and replies.
- Grammar, spelling, punctuation, word choice, and sentence structure of posts and replies.
- Refer to the Discussion Rubric SP21 for more specific criteria to attain a maximum discussion score.