1. Nurse leaders play a key role in creating and maintaining budgets.
- Who creates the budget in your clinical practice?
- Do multiple leaders and managers contribute to a team approach?
An increase in patients to the unit and overstocking a patient’s room are two common ways supplies can run low. The need for an increase in supplies is not budgeted.
- Who absorbs the cost of overstocking supplies in a patient’s room?
- As the nurse leader, how do you address the supply shortage?
Staffing needs are expensive:
- What is the costliest solution when staffing needs are not being met for the nursing department?
- Why does this source of man-hours come at such a high cost?