IT332-5: Recommend data storage and data protection technology for a computer system.
GEL-6.02: Incorporate outside research into an original work appropriately.
In this assignment, you will create a presentation explaining, among other topics, the diverse backup solutions and storage redundancy concepts, devices, and related technologies. You will be able to identify and recommend to the chief technology officer of Widgets, Inc., the best storage device and level of redundancy (e.g., RAID) solution. Of special interest is the requirement for data protection, accessibility, and accuracy.
The chief technology officer of Widgets, Inc. wants to protect the company’s data currently stored on the main data server. She wants a backup and storage solution that provides for high availability for data access, redundant storage over the network, and the fastest restoration time possible should a loss take place.
Based on your assigned reading and supplemental research, provide a proposed solution for the CTO of Widgets, Inc. Include a discussion of various backup and redundancy solutions. Be sure to include in your presentation the following: RAID, NAS, DAS, data protection, redundancy, and high availability.
Create a PowerPoint presentation explaining the backup and redundancy concepts, and how they compare to or work with each other, and providing a backup/redundancy solution for the CTO of Widgets, Inc.
You want the presentation to be persuasive and convince the chief technology officer to accept your proposal. Use the notes section of the PowerPoint slides to provide speaking and explanatory content that is more extensive than the slide highlights. The slides themselves should contain graphics, charts, images, and limited text bullet points.
Make sure your presentation addresses the following:
- Presentation should include an introduction, conclusion, and list of references in APA format.
- It should present a backup storage and redundancy solution that provides for high availability for data access, redundant storage over the network, and the fastest restoration time possible should a loss take place.
- Presentation should be 8–10 slides.
- Presentation should highlight the important elements found in your research using paraphrasing, summary, or quoting. Ideas that are not common knowledge or your own original thoughts must be properly cited in APA style.
- Graphics (charts, tables, and other graphic elements) should be used to emphasize critical and key aspects of the research.
- Presentation should contain more detailed notes than what is shown on the presentation slide.
- Minimum concepts to cover and explain in the presentation are high availability, RAID, NAS, and DAS.
- Presentation must not include any confidential information, and must properly acknowledge any proprietary information, trade names, and trademarks.
Your presentation should be 8–10 slides in length. Be sure to use the appropriate APA format and cite your textbook or other sources that you used in your presentation.
The presentation should contain sufficient information to adequately answer the questions and contain no spelling, grammar, or APA errors. Points deducted from the grade for each writing, spelling, or grammar error are at your instructor’s discretion.
For assistance with APA requirements, please go to Academic Writer. You will find the link in the Academic Tools section of the course.