Week 1 DiscussionDiscussion Topic Due August 18 at 11:59 PM
Assignment 2: Discussion Assignment
The discussion assignment provides a forum for discussing relevant topics for this week based on the course competencies covered.
For this assignment, make sure you post your initial response to the Discussion Area by the due date assigned.
To support your work, use your course and text readings and also use outside sources. As in all assignments, cite your sources in your work and provide references for the citations in APA format.
Start reviewing and responding to the postings of your classmates as early in the week as possible. Respond to at least two of your classmates. Participate in the discussion by asking a question, providing a statement of clarification, providing a point of view with a rationale, challenging an aspect of the discussion, or indicating a relationship between two or more lines of reasoning in the discussion. Complete your participation for this assignment by the end of the week.
Physical Effects of Aging
Using the South University Online Library or the Internet, research about physical effects that result because of aging. Based on your research and understanding, answer the following questions:
- Analyze, identify, and explain at least four different physical effects on the body that occur during the aging process.
- Analyze, identify, and explain the systems of the body that are affected by these changes.
- Provide at least three specific examples of how these physical conditions can affect daily living.
- Explain how a person’s day to day life could be affected by these changes. Explain the modifications that a person may need to make as a result of these changes.
- Describe the eights stages of Erikson’s model.
- Relate the physical impairments that occur on the body to Erik Erikson’s model of human development. Explain the strengths and weaknesses of Erik Erikson’s model. Compare Erik Erikson’s model with another model of aging.